Hilde Hemmes Herbals Bronchial Cough Relief Extract 200ml
The cough reflex is a vital part of the body's defence mechanism that helps clear the bronchial tract of secretions and foreign material. It may simply be due to bronchial tract infection or irritation from environmental pollutants. A long-standing, painful, bronchial cough may be due to other underlying causes and should be evaluated by a qualified practitioner.
Bronchial Cough Relief extract is a western herbal medicine that combines the traditionally-used herbs marshmallow, liquorice, iceland moss, fennel, plantain and thyme.
Marshmallow, plantain and iceland moss contain mucilages that form a protective coating in the upper respiratory tract, shielding the mucosal surface from irritants. Essential oil-containing thyme has been included for its antispasmodic and expectorant actions. Pleasant-tasting liquorice and fennel are also proven expectorants which help soothe airways, relieve bronchial congestion (catarrh) and promote the discharge of phlegm and other irritants from the bronchial passages.
Herbs in this product help relieve bronchitis and bronchial cough, not only by soothing bronchial airways, but also by suppressing the coughing reflex. Take as a preventive measure during the winter months.
Each 12 mL contains tinctures equivalent to dry:
Features / Benefits
- Althaea officinalis root 600 mg
- Glycyrrhiza glabra root & stolon 240 mg
- Cetraria islandica whole plant 240 mg
- Foeniculum vulgare fruit 240 mg
- Plantago lanceolata herb 360 mg
- Thymus vulgaris flower & leaf 720 mg
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Ideal for people with poor digestion.
- Mix with your favourite fruit juice or herb tea.
Adults and children over 12 years: take 12 mL in 25 mL of water or juice three times daily before or after meals.
Children 6-12 years: take 6 mL in 25 mL of water or juice three times daily before or after meals.
Children 2-6 years: take 3 mL in 25 mL of water or juice three times daily before or after meals.
Not suitable for children under two years.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.