Hilde Hemmes Herbals Herbal Laxative 75g
Constipation can be described as less than three bowel movements per week or less than the usual pattern. Usually the waste material has become compact and hard, making evacuation painful. It can result from a variety of causes, such as lack of exercise, insufficient water or fibre in the diet, ignoring the urge, stress and tension, or medical conditions (eg intestinal obstruction and irritable colon). In the majority of cases constipation is a consequence of lifestyle factors and can be corrected through diet and exercise.
Herbal Laxative contains senna and buckthorn which have been traditionally-used for hundreds of years because of their characteristic laxative actions. We now know these herbs contain a unique scientifically-proven class of substances called 'hydroxyanthracenes'.
These herbs have been blended with psyllium, dill and liquorice to ensure a pleasant taste and gentle laxative action.
Take to assist in the treatment of constipation.
Each 5 mL level metric teaspoon contains:
Features / Benefits
- Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf dry 1.75 g
- Buckthorn also known as Frangula (Rhamnus frangula) bark dry 150 mg.
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Least expensive way of taking a herbal medicine.
Constipation relief, relieving constipation