Hilde Hemmes Herbals St Mary's Thistle Liver Tonic 10,000mg 60 Capsules
St Mary's thistle is the most extensively studied liver remedies in western herbal medicine. Not only has the active constituent (silymarin) been well studied but the product itself has been involved in countless, successful clinical trials. Its primary role is to protect the liver against potentially harmful chemicals, especially alcohol.
Studies have shown that it supports the regeneration and detoxification of the liver and normal liver function. If you are concerned about your liver health, St Mary's thistle is the ideal herbal product.
The liver is one of the most important organs in the body which plays a key role in digestion, metabolism and detoxification. St Mary's thistle helps maintain healthy liver function and has a protective effect against many types of chemicals (including alcohol).
Clinical studies show that St Mary's thistle supports and promotes liver regeneration and detoxification, and helps stimulate the growth of new liver cells.
Taken regularly, its antioxidant action decreases the risk of liver cell damage attributed to free radicals and harmful chemicals.
Each capsule contains standardised extract equivalent to dried Silybum marianum fruit 10 g (10 000 mg) equivalent to flavonolignans calculated as silybin 120 mg.
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant taste.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Capsule shell made from vegetable origin - suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Standardised to guarantee potency.
Adults only: take one capsule twice daily.
Use only as directed.
Duration of use
For best results take over an extended period of time (e.g. 3 months or more).
There are no restrictions on duration of use.