Power Super Foods Goji Berries Organic 125g
The Tibetan Superfood
Is there anyone who hasn't heard of all the health and wellbeing benefits attributed to Goji Berries??
Also known as Chinese Wolfberry or Gou Qi Zi, and growing profusely on vines that reach over 6m in length in the remote hills and valleys of the 'Goji Triangle' - Tibet, Northern China and Mongolia - the revitalizing and energy containing Goji berry (Lycium Barbarum) is the most health enhancing of the 80 odd varieties of the Lycium fruit.
People cant get enough of the cherry-like taste of this healthy snack food, with 21 minerals, super high Vitamin C, Vitamin A, complete protein (18 amino acids) AND an ORAC (anti-oxidant ) score of 25,300 !! (for comparison, blueberries score 2400, green tea 1686, and broccoli 890).
Enjoy straight from the bag, or add to lunchboxes, oatmeal or muesli, smoothies, trailmix, salads, cake/biscuit/muffin batters, or steeped in tea. Or mix with Raw Cacao Nibs (Goji Snack Blend).
LIVING GOJI GRANOLA
Makes 14 cups
9 cups organic flakes ~ eg. blend of kamut, spelt and barley
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup cashew pieces
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup GOJI BERRIES
1/2 cup GOLDENBERRIES
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup light oil ~ eg. Macadamia or grapeseed oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp sea salt
1. Soak cashews 1hour. Soak pumpkin and sunflower seeds 4-6 hours. Soak Pecans overnight.
2. Strain this mixture, rinse and allow to air dry while you continue with the next 2 steps.
3. Bring maple syrup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning. The liquid will reduce by 1/2.
4. Whisk in the vanilla and oil.
5. Combine flakes with spices and sea salt, add soaked nuts and seeds.
6. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir to combine.
7. Place in single layers on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
8. Bake on the lowest temperature in your oven for 2-4 hours with the door slightly ajar to encourage air circulation.
9. Alternately, dehydrate at 108 degrees on Teflex sheets for 10-12 hours
10. Cool and add dried fruit. Store in air tight container…will keep up to 1 month