Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal 500gm
(Certified Organic by NASAA)
Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal - during the seed crushing process, broken seed solids are presented as fat-reduced flaxseed meal. The meal is extremely rich in protein, soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, and lignans (which the body may convert into beneficial phyto-oestrogens). It is not a high Omega 3 product, as it retains an oil content of only 10%.
Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal can be added to almost any food – eg sprinkled over breakfast cereal, natural yoghurt and fruit, mixed in fruit smoothies - or used in fruit loaves, health bars, cakes and bread. It provides a nutty-tasting, nutritious alternative to bran or psyllium products.
Try our Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal on the following:
- With your favourite cereal
- Make a salad dressing
- Add to a Banana Smoothie
- Pour over vegetables once served
- Add to Fresh Fruit
- Instead of butter and milk in mashed potatoes
Stoney creek flaxseed oil is a valuable source of the healthy omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. The human body cannot make the essential fatty acid omega 3 and therefore we must obtain this from a food source.
Important Information about Flaxseed Products
Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil and Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal are totally natural products containing no chemicals or preservatives. Flaxseed Oil and Flaxseed Meal are shipped in sealed metal containers to prevent heat, light and oxygen destroying the natural properties of Flaxseeds. Once opened, this product must be kept refrigerated at all times. As with all natural products without added preservative, once Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil has been opened it should be consumed within approximately two months. If the oil is used after this time it may be rancid and therefore toxic to the system. If this occurs, the oil should be disposed of in an environmentally sensitive manner.
The Flax plant has been grown since recorded history and people all over the world and throughout the ages have praised the seeds it produces.
The taste - a pleasant, nutty flavour, is one reason and good nutrition is another. There are two different types of cultivated flax, L. usitatissimum, one grown for seed and the other for fibre. In Australia, it is the oilseed varieties which are mainly produced commercially. The seeds of flax are tiny, smooth and flat, and range in colour from a light gold to a reddish brown. They serve a variety of purposes, including oil production, baking and other food uses. The flaxseed has an oil content of over 40%, mostly unsaturated. In fact, over 70% of the fat content of flaxseed is polyunsaturated.
A unique feature of flaxseed is the high ratio of alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) to linoleic (omega-6 fatty acids), with flaxseed being the highest source of naturally occurring Omega 3 fatty acid known to man. This natural compound is essential for good health.
Why take Flaxseed Oil instead of Fish Oil?
- Flaxseed Oil is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids
- Fish oils do not have any omega 6 fatty acids
- Many sources of fish are now known to contain chemical contaminants
- Manufacture of oils in general is poor, including those manufacturing fish oils. Manufacture can permanently damage the polyunsaturated fatty acids resulting in trans fatty acids which are toxic to the body
- The cost of fish oils tends to be higher than Flaxseed Oil
- As a Bi-product of a fish meat production, fish oil must be highly refined and de-odorised before it is suitable for human consumption
- Flaxseed Oil naturally tastes deliciously nutty and is therefore not subjected to this refining process